I am obsessed with this new juice recipe!
Not only is it easy on the eye (I’m a sucker for pretty drinks), but it is also really good for you.
Pure cranberry juice concentrate is usually very tart! In fact, I would never drink 100% cranberry juice straight up. I might squeeze my nose and take a shot of it like I do with wheat grass, but I prefer to combine it with a sweeter element.
I find that adding sweeter fruits and vegetables like carrots and apples will balance out the tartness, giving you a perfect blend.
The juice will come out very thick because it’s so concentrated.
This is the main reason I love to make my own juice every day. I know exactly how pure it is and where it comes from.
I know that there’s no added sugar or other artificial flavors. Just pure goodness.
What is cranberry juice good for?
Cranberries aren’t just good for Thanksgiving anymore.
This bright red and slightly tart fruit has a lot more to offer than just a pretty side dish or fruity drink.
- Aside from being packed full of vitamins and antioxidants similar to berries, they also contain a unique phytochemical called PAC (known as a proanthocyanidins). Researchers show that PAC sticks to bacteria and prevents it from multiplying. This is why we’ve heard about their ability to prevent urinary tract infections.
- Another antioxidant, anthocyanin gives it that reddish color that’s similar to red grapes and red cabbage. This antioxidant plays a major role in preventing cancer cell growth.
- Anti-inflammatory: the phytonutrients in cranberries help lower inflammation in your digestive tract and cardiovascular system.
So at the end of the day, cranberries are quite awesome. It’s role in protecting the digestive tract, cardiovascular system, immune system, and urinary tract is enough to convince me that I should be consuming more of this fruit.
It’s the perfect addition to my every day detox routine.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Share it with your friends and family! If you’ve been a bit naughty over the holidays and KNOW that your body needs a good detox, check out my 14-Day Whole Body Cleanse!
Pure Cranberry Juice with Apple and Carrot
Author: Lettuce be Healthy w/ Kim Lam
Recipe type: Juice
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- ½ cup of fresh cranberries
- 4-6 large carrots
- 2 apples
- optional: ½ cup water
- Put cranberries and apples in your juicer.
- Add in carrots last to push through any remnants.
- Add ice and enjoy immediately.
- You may add some cold water to dilute the juice a bit.