Last Update July 5th, 2018
The kuvings whole slow juicer elite c7000 was first introduced in late 2015 to the Asian Market and began shipping to the United States in early August 2016. It is the updated version of the B6000 model and has some exciting distinctive design changes and improvements. The series comes in three different color flavors: gold (C7000G), red (C7000R), and silver (C7000S). This version for US/ Canada market for different power outlet like UK its model name is Kuvings C9500.
But why should you use a masticating juicer in the first place? Masticating or slow press juicers are known to produce a high juice quality while still retaining a commendable nutrients and enzymes yield. This means that your money is spent on organic produce, which saves your money in the long run.
Some features Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer
- 3-inch wide feed chute
- A 240W motor
- Auto feed, hardly need to use the pusher to push fruits and vegetables through chutes
- A compact vertical design which makes it fit easily into your kitchen
- Comes with a custom-designed sieve to help strain your juice
- Innovative non-drip Smart Cap with metal finish which prevents juice from dripping when removing juice container
- Two 33.8 oz. capacity containers for juice and pulp collection
But even with its 3-inch feeding chute, you still have to cut your produce into small pieces if fruits are big but yes as its big feeding chute it reduces 40% of prep and processing time. Before we delve into the features and body parts of the C7000 series, let us examine some of the improvements from the B6000 series.
The new generation has a sleeker look, which has been improved to prevent leakage, and further increases the efficiency of extracting juice from leafy greens. Another notable improvement can be found in the scraper. This new design allows for a more efficient way of mixing smoothies. The inclusion of a metal smart cap gives it the luxurious appeal it needs.
Another section that wasn’t improved on was the jug material. In the B6000 series, the jugs were made of Tristan of enviable high quality, but the newer generation saw a regular Tristan wear.
The C7000 is a 3-in-1 machine that can do more than juice. It also makes frozen sorbets and smoothies with artificial attachments. It also allows the addition of ice. If you want a pulp-free juice, you can always use the optional sieve which fits nicely into the juice cup.
The smart cap’s metal finish design gives it a more solid feel than the B6000’s cap.
Let us examine at the various body parts of the juicer and their modifications:
- Motor base: This is now sleeker and sturdier, and now has the on/off/reverse switch at the back.
- Drum lid, also known as the feeding tube
- Food pusher
- Drum, also known as the juice bowl: The juice bowl of 15.2 oz. has been changed to remove the double rubber and silicone pieces on the bottom. In the B6000 series, these caused leakage problems, which consequently made cleaning more difficult.
- Juice container
- Auger screw: The bottom edge of the auger screw had a modification, as this will make the juicer better for leafy greens. The bottom side of the auger screw was also made hollow so as to reduce the pulp content in your juice.
- External rotating easy-brush
- Standard and spout brushes
- Rotation wiper
- Pulp container
- Juicing strainer
- Juice screen: Instead of the juice bowl, the bottom of the juicing screen now has a rubber piece.
- Blank strainer: In the past generation, the blank strainer had an edge rubber. This isn’t present in the C7000; instead, they have inserted a rubber piece. Also, the outlet has now been redesigned to feature a Y-shape.
- The Kuvings come with two strainers:
- A strainer for juicing
- A blank strainer for making frozen fruit sorbets
The juice outlet spout has an attached non-drip smart cap, which can be used for three purposes:
- Prevents dripping when the juice container is removed.
- Allow ingredients to mix more thoroughly in the juice bowl before releasing into juice container.
- Using the juicer’s self-cleaning system where you close the smart cap and fill the juice bowl with water for quick rinsing.
With the two strainers you get in the box, the optional smoothie strainer you can purchase separately, and the smart cap, you end up having what Kuvings calls a versatile “3-in-1” kitchen appliance that can make juices, smoothies and sorbet/ice cream.
AFIK the Kuvings C7000 comes with a decent 10-year warranty on the entire machine but before buying make sure you check all details of the product.
- Improved juicer for leafy greens
- Customers can pick from a set of three colors
- 72 hours juice shelf life
- It has a higher juice yield and higher nutrient retention
- Its slow speed of 60 rpm prevents heat build-up and oxidation.
- A remarkable upgrade of the juicing screw and juicing bowl
- Long-lasting Ultem auger and strainer
- It can process almost all types of produce
- It possesses an auto-cleaning system.
- It works silently and smoothly
- Has a juice tap for mixing juice
- Has an automatic cooling system which prevents heat buildup
- Continues juicing even after external pulp ejection.
- Cooling system to prevent overheating.
- Eco-friendly and 100% BPA-free
- It is expensive
- It isn’t dishwasher-safe
- When compared to horizontal masticating juicers, it is not as effective for leafy greens
- It is slow when compared to centrifugal juicers
How Easy to Use is the Kuvings C7000?
The newer generation of the Kuvings family is basically easy to use. Assembling and disassembling of body parts takes an average of 3-5 minutes on your first try, and is prone to get shorter when you get familiar with the body parts. The part that is prone to get your time is where you chop your fruits and vegetables, in spite of the fact that it is self-feeding and has a 3-inch feeding chute.
You can set up the Kuvings C7000 by following the below steps:
- Fit the juice bowl onto the motor base
- Insert one of the strainers into the rotation silicone wiper
- Fit the strainer and rotation wiper into the juice bowl
- Insert the auger
- Place the drum lid (feeding tube piece) on top
- Attach the funnel to the drum lid
- Finally, arrange the two containers to collect juice and pulp
Is it easy to clean?
The Kuvings isn’t dishwasher safe, so you always have to wash it manually. This is a reason to always go for juicers that are dishwasher-safe. However, cleaning would take a maximum of 5-10 minutes.
It becomes easier to clean when you wash immediately after use. You could also line the pulp container with a plastic bag so it doesn’t need cleaning when you finish.
Almost all slow juicers make remarkable juice, and the Kuvings C7000 is one of them. The slow juicers minimize instances of oxidation, which is known to be common with centrifugal juicers. Oxidation breaks down some important nutrients and minerals in your juice that are vulnerable to oxygen.
When this keeps happening, it diminishes the overall quality of your juice. But with a speed of 54 rpm, you can store your cold juice for up to 72 hours. Your juice is extracted from your produce through a dual stage extraction process:
- First and foremost, the produce is crushed into small bits.
- It travels down the auger.
- These bits are now thoroughly squeezed against the juicing screen.
To get the best results with this juicer, here are some tips to help you along as shared by Nicholas Brandon of VegByte:
- When using multiple ingredients, start with the softest produce first, then rotate the ingredients you put in (for example, put in some orange, then carrot, apple, etc.)
- Avoid overloading the juicer and give it time to process each ingredient you drop in
- Always finish juicing with hard produce, which helps push out leftover pulp inside the juice bowl
- As per Kuvings’ advice for all their juicers, beetroot should be cut in half and then further cut into 6-8 pieces in the shape of half-moons.
If for any reason you end up jamming the juicer, simply use the reverse switch for a second or two.
What kinds of produce can it juice?
The Kuvings is capable of juicing all kinds of produce, from soft to hard produce, leafy greens, beans, nuts and citrus fruits. Some hard products include coconut, sweet potato, pineapple, cucumber, yakon, pumpkin, cauliflower, turmeric, asparagus, pepper, celery, watermelon, bitter gourd, garlic, and cilantro and so on. However, you may run into issues when juicing hard produce if the pieces are too big, which could cause the juicer to jam and switch itself off.
If you plan on using this juicer to juice carrots or celery, it is advised that you prepare yourself to spend extra time cutting your produce into tiny pieces, which totally defeats the inclusion of a wide feed chute. Or you simply go for a juicer that handles carrots and celery better than the Kuvings C7000.
Leafy greens include brussels sprout, pine tree needles, kale, collard greens, cabbage, spinach, parsley, spring onion, moringa, basil, dandelion greens, and wheatgrass, and peppermint, lettuce and beet greens. To effectively juice these produce, you will need to spend an extra deal of time cutting because strings tend to clog near the pulp ejection port, which is a common problem for vertical juicers. It is recommended that you cut them into ¼ inch pieces before use.
Citrus fruits include lemon, mandarin, lime, grapefruit, tangerine and orange.
You can also juice soft produce such as grapes, blackberry, mango, melon, kiwifruit, papaya, tomato, peach, avocado, strawberry, pomegranate and cranberries using this juicer.
You can also use the Kuvings juicer to make soy and almond milk (use soaked almonds and soy beans) and as well as for making sorbet and other frozen treats.
BUILD QUALITY AND DESIGN
Like its past generation, the Kuvings C7000 possesses the same compact vertical design, with a small horizontal footprint, which clocks in at:
- 9 inches wide (22.9 cm)
- 5 inches tall (44.5 cm)
- 8 inches deep (20.3 cm)
- 9 pounds (6.3 kilograms)
PERFORMANCE AND NOISE
Performance-wise, and despite a wide feed chute, it’s still a “slow juicer,” so expect to have a bit more patience, especially if you’re upgrading from a centrifugal juicer.
From seeing this unit in action, due to its power, it is slightly more powerful than 150-watt vertical juicers, meaning it doesn’t jam as frequently when juicing hard produce.
If you are worried about the noise, this juicer is here to put all your worries to rest. It works very silently. This juicer is fairly quiet in use and allows you to make juice at any time without causing disturbance to others. The loudest it can ever get is a squeaking that happens when certain produce is being chewed by the auger, but it’s still a very acceptable with a low noise level.
You can run the juicer for 30 minutes or a few more before it is required to rest.
Conclusion and Buyer’s Guide
The strong points of this juicer lie in soft produces and leafy greens also great at some hard product like carrots. The Kuvings C7000 Whole Elite Slow Juicer has some great features which can be totally useful to you. Its ability to juice and create smoothies and sorbet also make the C7000 very attractive as a multi-purpose juicer. A Great juicer, less prep time, faster juicer compared with other slow horizontal juicers.
The Kuvings C7000 could be the solution to your juicing needs, but that is a statement only you can decide.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- What To Look For In A Juicer - May 14, 2019
- 15 Health Benefits of Tomato Juice: Vital for Healthy Skin - May 5, 2019
- Ways to Drink Apple Cidar Vinegar - April 29, 2019
Last update on 2019-05-14 at 00:00 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API